Click en ENTRADAS ANTIGUAS.
Below, more information.

If you click on the picture you will find all information that you need to learn English

If you click on the picture you  will find all information that you need to learn English
Practica listenings, readings, speaking, writing, grammar, vocabulary and more....

viernes, 21 de enero de 2011

ANSWERS. CONDITIONALS

  1. I wish I __________ all that money, or I would have enough left to buy a new car.
a) hadn't spent
b) didn't spend
c) wouldn't have spent
d) won't spend
a) Correct! A mixed conditional structure is necessary in this sentence, as
it deals with two different time periods (past, then present).

  1. If you __________ to follow me, I'll show you to your table.
a) like
b) will like
c) are like
    d)would like
    d) Correct! 'If you would like to...' is a special structure, normally used formaking offers or requests.

3. If it hadn't been for the last question, she __________ a perfect score on the test.
a) will get
b) would get
c) got
d) would have got
d) Correct! The second part of this sentence requires a third conditional
structure.
Complete the Conditional Sentences. Decide whether to use Type I or II.
  • If you do your homework now, we will go to the cinema in the evening
  • If we order the book now, we will have it tomorrow.
  •  If I had more money, I would buy a bigger car
  • If I met my favourite movie star, I would ask him for an autograph.
  • I will call you if I need your help
  • I would go swimming if the weather were better.
  • If he doesn't have time tomorrow, we will meet the day after.
If I were you, I wouldn't know what to do
  • If we don't order the tickets soon, there won't be any tickets left
  • She would not say that if she were your friend.

     

Complete the Conditional Sentences Type I.
  • If you wash the dishes, I will cook dinner tonight
  • If my dad has time next week, we will paint my room
  • You will learn a lot about American history if you visit the exhibition.
  •  If the weather is not too bad tomorrow, we will play golf.
  •  We will not get there on time if we do not catch  the bus.

Conditional Sentence Type II
  • If I had more time, I would learn to play the guitar
  • If she studied harder, she would get better marks.
  •  If we knew more about history, we would not be afraid of the test.
  • I would go jogging with Tom and Sue if they were here this week.
  • It would surprise me if she did not help you.

Conditional Sentence Type I or II
  • If you need the car in the afternoon, I will goshopping in the morning.
  • If I wore a hat, I would look like an old woman.
  •  I'll buy this bag if they have it in blue.
  • She wouldn't pay cash if she had a credit card.
  • If I didn't have you, I would not know what to do.
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type III.
  • If the midfielders had passed the ball more exactly, our team would have had more chances to attack
  • If the forwards had run faster, they would have scored more goals
  • Their motivation would have improved if they had kicked a goal during the first half.
  • The fullbacks would have prevented one or the other goal if they had marked their opponents.
  1. If the goalie had jumped up, he would have caught the ball.
  1.  If the referee had seen the foul, he would have awarded a penalty kick to our team.
  1. Our team would have been in better form if they had trained harder the weeks before.
  • The game would have become better if the trainer had sent a substitute in during the second half.
  1. If it had been a home game, our team would have won the match
  1. If our team had won the match, they would have moved up in the league

Type I, II or III
Complete the Conditional Sentences. Decide whether to use Type I, II or III.
  • If I had time, I would go shopping with you.
  •  If you speak English, you will get along with them perfectly.
  •  If they had gone for a walk, they would have turned the lights off.
  •  If she comes to see us, we will go to the zoo.
  • I would have told you, if I had seen him.
  • Would you mind if I opened the window?
  •  If they had invited me, I wouldn't have said no.
  • My friend will meet me at the station if he gets the afternoon off.
  • If I didn't do it, nobody would do it.
  • If my father doesn't pick me up, I'll take the bus home
Exercise on Conditional Sentences with Auxiliaries
Complete the conditional sentences (type I). Remember to use the auxiliary verbs.
  • If it doesn't rain, we can go swimming tomorrow.
  • If you train hard, you might win first prize.
  • If we go to Canada next year, we can improve our English.
  • I may go to the disco in the evening if I do the washing-up now.
  • If we go on holiday next week, I cannot play tennis with you.
  •  If you see Gareth tomorrow, you should tell him that you love him.
  • If my parents go shopping in the afternoon, I must look after my little sister.
  • He must be a good drummer if he plays in a band.
  • If you are listening to the radio after 10 pm, you should turn the volume down.
  • If you like that shirt, you can have it.
Conditional Sentences Type I
To illustrate the use of different tenses, similar examples are used in the exercise. Complete the Conditional Sentences Type I according to the information in brackets.
  • If it is still raining, stay here for another while.
  • If it has stopped raining, we will go
  • If it starts raining, we always close the windows.
  •  If it should rain, please close the windows.
  •  If it rains, the windows must be closed
Principio del formulario
Conditional Sentences Type II
Study the following situations. In every sentence, the 'if' clause expresses a general situation in the present (Type II). Decide, however, whether the consequences refer to the present (Conditional I) or past (Conditional II).
  1. I am trying to reach Sue on the phone now, but I'm afraid she is not there because …
    If she
    were at the office, she would answer the phone.
  2. A couple of minutes ago, I tried to reach Sue on the phone, but I'm afraid she is not there because …
    If she
    were at the office, she would have answered the phone.
  3. I want to ring a friend now, but I don't know his phone number.
    If I
    knew his phone number, I would ring him.
  4. A week ago, I wanted to ring a friend, but I don't know his phone number.
    If I
    knew his phone number, I would have rung him.
  5. A friend tells me what she is planning to do. I don't think what she is planning is a good idea.
    If I
    were you, I would not do this.
  6. A friend tells me what she did. I don't think what she did was a good idea.
    If I
    were you, I would not have done this.
  7. Somebody tells me that Sarah is on holiday in Italy at the moment. This cannot be true because I'm seeing her in town tonight.
    If Sarah
    were in Italy, I would not see her in town tonight.
  8. Somebody tells me that Sarah is on holiday in Italy at the moment. This cannot be true because I saw her in town last night.
    If Sarah
    were in Italy, I would not have seen her in town last night.
  9. My brother feels like he is getting the flu. I tell him …
    You
    would not get the flu if you ate more fruit.
  10. A few weeks ago, my brother had the flu. I tell him …
    You
    would not have got the flu if you ate more fruit.
Conditional Sentences Type III
Study the following situations. In every sentence, the 'if' clause expresses a situation in the past (Type III). Decide, however, whether the consequences refer to the present (Conditional I) or past (Conditional II).
  1. It didn't rain yesterday. So I had to water the plants yesterday.
    If it
    had rained yesterday, I would not have watered the plants.
  2. It didn't rain yesterday. So I am watering the plants now.
    If it
    had rained yesterday, I would not water the plants now.
  3. I went to bed late last night. So I am still tired now.
    If I
    had gone to bed earlier yesterday, I would not feel so tired now.
  4. I went to bed late last Tuesday. So I was very tired the following day.
    If I
    had gone to bed earlier that Tuesday, I would not have felt that tired the following day.
  5. After a night out, I want to drive home now. I haven't drunk any alcohol.
    If I
    had drunk alcohol, I would not drive.
  6. After a night out last weekend, I drove home. I hadn't drunk any alcohol.
    If I
    had drunk alcohol, I would not have driven.
  7. We won the match last week. So when we came home, we looked really happy.
    We
    would not have looked that happy if we had not won the match.
  8. We've just won a match. So we look really happy now.
    We
    would not look that happy if we had not won the match.
  9. My daughter is blamed for having done something. She tells me now that she didn't do it. I believe her.
    She
    would tell me if she had done it.
  10. Last year, my daughter was blamed for having done something. She told me that she hadn't done it. I believed her.
    She
    would have told me if she had done it.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

This blog is not belong to AAEOIL. This only publishes information about it

Entradas populares

RECIPES

RECIPES
Click on the picture

FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE

PANCAKES RECIPE

CHAPLIN'S MOVIES

CHAPLIN'S MOVIES
CLICK ON THE PICTURE
Sources where we have find the educational material and movies which are being published in this blog: peliculasid, peliculashd, tucinecom, gnula, peliculas-flv, conecta 2, smotri, mirafriends, seriesyonkis, tv.blinks, esl-lounge, NEF, breakingnews, 5minutenglish, agendaweb, series911, Gnula, danko, teleepisodes, BBC, a4esl, seriales.us.....

MEMENTO DE BUENA FÉ Y COLABORACIÓN CON LAS FUENTES DEL MATERIAL DEL BLOG

El material didáctico y las peliculas contenidas en este blog, tienen el objetivo de ser una herramienta más, para favorecer el aprendizaje de idiomas, y no con ánimo de lucro. Los estudiantes utilizan nuestro blog para estudiar las destrezas que tienen que superar en los exámenes.
Este blog no es responsable del contenido de los enlaces externos para ver series, peliculas, etc. Thanks VK.

Este blog no comercializa ni se lucra de ninguna forma del material publicado en el mismo, cuyas fuentes en su mayoría, es la propia red. Nosotros no publicamos banners ni ningún tipo de publicidad.

En caso de reclamaciones por parte de las fuentes de dicho material, procederemos a eliminarlo de nuestro de blog, de inmediato, ya que nuestra intención ha sido de buena fé, y en ningún momento nos hemos lucrado del material de otros.

VERY IMPORTANT

This blog has been created by a student in a personal way with the aim of sharing the information in it with the rest of the students, therefore the E.O.I.of Lorca has no responsability for the comments or any information contained in this blog.
Thanks to those people who, without partipatining in the contents of the blog, have written giving us their support.
Through this blog we want to thank the teachers for their e-mails of support and good advice which helped us to improve the eoistudents' stuff.
As students we commit grammatical errors when we write our comments which we continue trying to correct.
Thanks also to the many students who have visited the blog and have written telling us how much effort that we have made to make the contents helpful to those who are learning English and they encourage us to continue with this proyect.
The educational material comes from approved sources dedicated to the learning of English. Most of it do not own.
If there are any errors it is because those sources already contain them and not as a result of the work of the creators of the blog, even the books we always use in class contain some errors.